What I love about the Mallorcan’s is that no food is ever wasted and everything they make can be used for another recipe. I previously gave you a tasty recipe for Trampo the Mallorcan Summer Salad in the post I am going to give you a recipe for Coco De Trampo, that takes the Trampo recipe to a whole new level.
What is Coco De Trampo?
Coco De Trampo is another summer recipe from Mallorca, that can be eaten as a starter or served as part of a tapas menu, this tasty recipe is suitable for everyone.
PREP TIME: 2 Hours (Making The Dough and Trampo) | COOK TIME: 25 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 2 hours 25
Coco De Trampo Ingredients
Ingredients For the Trampo
- 4x Big Tomatoes
- 1x Large White Onions
- 2x Large Long Green Peppers
- 100 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- 1x Lemon
Note: Ingredients Based on 4+ people
Ingredients for the Flatbread
- (300g) 2 ½ Cups of Flour
- 75ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150ml of Warm Water
- 2x tsp of Yeast Powder
- 1x tsp of Sea salt
- 2x tsp of Herb’s de Province (optional extra)
How To Make the Flatbread
- Make sure that your hands are clean
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, herbs de province and yeast. Make a hole/well in the middle and pour the olive oil and warm water into it. start mixing the doe into the liquid and keep kneading it all together until it becomes a smooth dough (not sticky).
- Place a tea towel over the bowl and put the bowl into a warm place for at least 45 minutes to an hour until the dough doubles inside.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a clean floured surface. Begin to knead it with your hands, dust it with flour when needed and with a rolling pin gradually flatten the dough out.
- The place the dough onto a baking tray and make sure that the dough reaches all four corner of the baking tray.
How To Make The Trampo Topping
- Follow the instructions as explained in my previous post on Trampo: The Mallorcan Summer Salad Recipe (Don’t worry this recipe opens in a new tab)
- Drain the liquid from Trampo in a sieve (make sure this is well drained).
Bringing the Coco De Trampo Ingredients Together
- Pre-heat the oven the 325 Degrees F (Gas Mark 3)
- Spread the drain Trampo across the dough evenly and place into the oven on the top shelf.
- Bake the Coco De Trampo for 25 minutes until the crust is crunchy and the vegetables are lightly toasted but still soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature and cut into rectangular portions (as done in Mallorca)
- If you tried this I would love to hear what you thought about it also be sure to check out the rest on my blog.